Our resident braille scale competition, running with different themes. The competition is decided by user votes.
- The competition is open to all military vehicles in 1/72 scale or smaller, with tracks and/or wheels, with or without figures.
- Entries for a given month are open from the 1st and close on the 15th of that month.
- Each model may only be entered once and cannot be re-entered in subsequent competitions.
- Models must have been completed in the 3 months prior to the competition.
- Each modeller can only enter 1 model in any one competition.
- A minimum of 5 entrants in each competition is required - less than this and the competition will not be held that month.
- 5 or more photos must be submitted, one of which must be before painting (some parts can have been pre-painted). The photos must contain views of all sides of the model.
- No 'photoshoping' is allowed with the following exceptions: brightness & contrast, cropping, minor colour correction and sharpening.
- Photos must be in the jpeg format and between 700-800 pixels on their longest side, images smaller than this will be rejected. Larger images will be resized.
- The main subject (not including ground work) must occupy 40% or more of the image.
- Backgrounds should be kept as plain as possible. No elaborate/confusing/complex backgrounds or additional text such as entrant names will be accepted. (no models on workbenches)
- All texts on a submitted gallery must be in English, the title excluded. If the title is not in English, it is advisable to write a short explanation/translation in English in the description.
- A brief description of the, vehicle, the year and season (winter, summer), it's theatre of operations, kit manufacturer, paints used, and any extras added/changes made must be included.
- Entries must be kept anonymous until after voting when at that time the builders name, and the number of votes, will become viewable.
- If any modeller is deemed to have broken the rules in any way then the model will be withdrawn from competition and the modeller will be notified via email.
- By entering the competition the entrant has agreed to the rules governing the competition.
- The committee governing the competition has the right to change, delete or add to the rules of the competition from time to time and notification of these and any other changes will only be made via the competition website. It is up to the entrant to read and understand the rules before entering the competition.
- By participating in the competition, the user permits their photos to be used by the Scale Modelling Central (SMC) team for promotional and training purposes. Their use will be strictly limited to the SMC website.